Enjoying your time at home? This coronavirus has had a way of cancelling events, keeping me at home and doesn’t even give room to travel and see friends with all this free time. The nerve.
Anyhow, I am thankful that I am never lacking for things to do, but for those who want suggestions and ideas as to how to utilize this time, here is a list I hope you’ll find helpful 🙂
So your trying to find purpose for this time? It starts with; what your purpose is. Why not try writing out your life ‘mission statement’ and ‘vision’ ? It’s a start; then begin prioritizing what brings you closer to your vision.
- Artwork/ Crafting/ Wood burning
- Incorporate some new workouts into your routine
- Get some family time in, play games, do some project together, etc.
- Write letters, stories, thoughts; writing is good for the soul.
- Music practise, learn a new instrument, maybe try writing a few songs
- Connect with friends; when life is busy and your Canadian… you really appreciate having the internet, zoom and emails to be able to catch up and hear about how they’re doing. Write a letter too; ever heard the saying ‘The way to a girl’s heart is through her mailbox”? There’s something so precious about good old handwritten letters!
- Try learning a new language!
- Make a gift for someone
- Pray – as a family, by yourself, maybe even host an online prayer meeting? I’ve been in on a few lately and have found it incredible!
- Memorize scripture
- Organize you room/house
- Clean up files on your computer
- Get rid of anything that your not going to use
- Gardening/ yard-work
- Try for some free IT training https://certs.comptia.org/means_more_alu/ thanks to the Covid-19 😉
And for example’s sake, I’ll let you know what I’ve been up to 🙂
- Lambing, ranch work
- Working on my hunter’s safety and Restricted PAL
- Blogging 😉
- Connecting with friends, virtual prayer meetings
- Organizing/spring clean up
- Garden planning
- Hopefully going to resume my French studies
That’s all for now, do you all have any ideas for what to do during this time? I’d love to hear about what your doing with this new lifestyle !
“Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.”
– Ecclesiastes 9:10 –