And a belated Merry Christmas! 2019 coming up, and I’m sure that many of you, like myself are excited to think of all you hope to do or become in this new year. I love new ideas! Often times, I am not excluded from that group of people, who every New Years, come up with a list full of ideas for making this new year, a year of extraordinary growth and ideals. 🙂 Unfortunately those ideas don’t always come to fruition.
Recently I was introduced to a book My One Word, this book introduces the idea of a One word theme over the entirety of a year. Words are powerful, and the idea of one word being a theme and goal in mind over the course of a year sounded great to me! I haven’t done this before, so I’ll be sure to let you all know how it went. The word I’ll be choosing is Delight. I feel it is important as a believer to find your delight first and foremost in Christ, the psalms talk about this repeatedly.
Just as a quick note about the verse above, I don’t believe this is a charm to get whatever you want. Rather I think the Lord will change hearts so that when you choose to delight in Him, His will becomes your heart’s desire.
What to do with your one word?
- Choose a word, that God can use to teach you throughout the New Year. With a biblical perspective, think of the person you want to be, what words describe them? Pray about which word God would have you use.
- Know the meaning of your word, and find scripture that talks about it. Find a verse or passage that talks directly about your one word and memorize it!
- Find a book that talks about your word and read it… any suggestions for my word, Delight?
- Journal about your word, when God uses it to teach you something write it down.
- Read My One Word ; this book is great for those who want a focused year of change! Quite honestly, the book will describe it better than I ever could 🙂
So who’s up for change in 2019, with just 1 word? Let me know in the comments if you will! I’ll update on how it’s going with Delight later on. Thanks for reading, God Bless you all this new year!